According to the World Health Organization (WHO), globally, over 280 million people suffer from visual impairment, and 80% of these cases could have been prevented or treated. It goes without saying that a lot of people take their sight for granted. Without good eyesight, you cannot read your favorite novel, appreciate that artwork, watch the sunset or gaze at sparkling-blue oceans. Your vision is so unique that it enables you to perform and enjoy countless activities. Therefore, so much important lies in taking proper care of the eye: Here are nine easy ways to do so:
- Balance Your Diet: A balanced diet is one that includes all classes of food. This diet will contain antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals essential for good eyesight and ward off eye disease. A healthy diet must consist of vegetables like carrots, broccoli, and kale, rich in carotenoids, necessary for eye health. It is important to add eye dietary supplements like Femito (フェミート) to your diets.
- Quit Smoking: Smoking tobacco doesn’t only increase your risk of heart diseases or lung cancer; it can also affect your vision adversely. Experts have revealed that smoking heightens your chance of developing eye defects like diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, dry eye syndrome, cataracts, and glaucoma.
- Use Goggles: Safety eyewear or goggles are important in preventing eye injuries. These injuries occur when you are bleaching your clothes or just mowing your lawn. The chemicals and flying objects from these activities can damage your eyes and lead to impairment. It is also important for athletes such as swimmers to protect their eyes with goggles.
- Wear Quality Contacts: If you want to change the color of your eye or relieve your nose from glasses, do it wisely, use quality, and squeaky clean eye contact lenses. If you don’t, you might end up with eye irritations, blurry vision, discomfort, and pain in your eyes.
- Quality Sleep: Sleep is great for the whole body, your eyes inclusive. Your eyes stay active as long as you are awake, so quality sleep of about 7-10 hours allows your eyes to rest, recuperate, and be replenished with natural tears.
- Visit you, doctor, regularly: A regular visit to the eye doctor can help detect eye defects early and prevent further damage. Experts recommend that children should be taken for eye checks once every two years and adults every two to three years.
- Watch Out For Danger Signs: Do not take signs like double vision, dry or watery eyes, increased eye sensitivity, dark spots on the eye, trouble focusing, or any eye changes lightly. Visit your doctor immediately.
- Use your Computer Cautiously: Spending so many hours working on your computer or staring at your phone screen can cause stress to the eyes. Fuzzy vision and dry eyes are common symptoms. They can be prevented by using low-wattage bulbs, covering blinds, blinking often, and resting at intervals while using your computer.
Finally, for your overall eye health, complement your efforts with Femito on https://www.femito.com/